Friday, December 21, 2007

Flaky Family and Belly Band

What a title! lol Whew, today is the last day of school until next year. So I have been busy working on gifts (the name frame in the post below), cards for middle school teachers, 25 hot chocolate ice cream cones w/tags, 2 bus driver gifts and a Christmas card for a principal! And I got it all done with time to spare!

Yesterday's Ways To Use It was to use wrapping supplies. I still needed to wrap the name frame, so I decided to use tissue paper. I stamped on the tissue paper with star fish from Rubbernecker in two different colors. I then made a "belly band" and keeping in with the Fish theme, I made a scene. Fish are colored in with watercolor pencils.

Stamps: Fish from Rubbernecker; Paper: Tissue paper, white; Inks: black stazon, blue bayou, groovy guava; Acces: watercolor pencils


The elementary principal is retiring in Jan. He has been the principal ever since I was in third grade! We all love him dearly and we deeply miss him. He has a special bond with each kid at the school. But with mine... well that is a different story. You may remember a post where I had a picture of my oldest all in blue and yellow and the rest in red/gray? Yes, my daughter who loves Michigan also loved to torture the principal as he is a big Ohio State fan! He in turn loves to torture her and anyone else that maybe a Michigan fan.

So for his Christmas card this year, I decided to use Flaky Friends and stamping an extra snowman, cutting him out and adding him to the 'family', I had a family picture to give him! Can you pick out our oldest?? lol She wouldn't even look at the card this morning when I was showing her because she saw the red and gray cardstock!! I had to point out the snowmen and of course she liked the blue/yellow one!

I colored them in using markers on watercolor paper, took some color off with the aquapainter. Added stickles here and there just to give some of a sparkle and used mini scallop scissors to give a little texture. So I had this much done when I decided to check the Limited Supply challenge and see if I could use the image on a card some how within the guidelines.

Well Jen wanted us to look in our own gallery, take a card and simplify it. So I looked found this one My Flaky Friends. Perfect as the time was close to midnight if not later and I didn't want a complicated card as I wanted my image to be the focal point.

So I just layered it and added the strip at the bottom without any other layers or shapes or brads. Even left off the snowflake background stamp.

So here is my Flaky Family:

Stamp set: Flaky Friends, Merry Merry Christmas; Paper: Real Red, Going Gray, watercolor; Ink: black stazon; Acces: markers, stickles, scallop scissors

Today I have to work on sewing some Christmas gifts for my girls. So stay tuned for that post.

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Sewing.....ewwww....maybe I had better pay attention to that post. Love your flaky card! lol! Perfect for the flaky family - snort!

Happy holidays, Amber!

Karen said...

Indeed, a perfect card for your family Amber. Too cute and fun.

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely in love with your Buckeye card. Such a clever idea!