Monday, December 17, 2007

Dazzling diamonds, 2 hr delay, sick kid!

Well maybe not in that order. Oldest decided she wanted a day off school (don't know why as Christmas break starts next week) so she got sick yesterday. And with all the snow and ice we got, the school was on a 2 hr delay this morning (I think they should have canceled, can't see the roads)

Okay, so maybe it's not a lot of snow, a few inches, but it is enough to inspire me for today's challenge on Splitcoast. Today we had to try Dazzling Diamond Dust.

So I pulled out my favorite winter scene, Thomas Kinkade Village Christmas by Cornish Heritage Farms. I don't like to add a lot of color when I use this stamp so I went with a black and white card.

Using black stazon, I stamped the image and highlighted the windows with summer sun marker. Using versamark, I inked up the entire image and poured on some Iredescent Ice embossing powder. So hard to capture the sparkly in the picture but it is there!

stamps: Thomas Kinkade Village Christmas - Cornish Heritage Farm; paper: black, white; ink: black stazon, Acces: summer sun marker, Iredescent Ice embossing powder, photo corner punch, brad

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber I LOVE this card. I have this TK stamp and am so going to CASE this. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!