Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another christmas card

I was able to squeeze in not one but two cards for today's Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers. Another dear friend was chosen as todays stamper.

Here is one of the cards I made today for the challenge. I kept the same stamp sets except for the sentiment. Charlene versamarked her trees and used pastels. I versamarked my trees on glossy then embossed them in clear. Once embossed, I brayered brocade blue and not quite navy overtop of the trees. When I was all done, I wiped off the trees so they could "shine" through the blue. I distressed my layers instead of using a punch on the corners.

Hubby saw this card and now wants me to make these for his Christmas cards instead of the ones I have already made for him! lol (I will post those tomorrow)

Stamp sets: Lovely as a Tree, Linen, Merry Merry Christmas; Paper: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Glossy; Ink: versamark, brocade blue, not quite navy; Accs: clear embossing powder, distresser tool, ribbon, brads


Carmen made a card too for today's featured stamper. She even did faux stitching! I think someone is after my job!

Stamp sets: Simply Said, Wonderful Words II, Everyday Flexible Phrases; Paper: white, purple; Peacock embossing powder

0 comments: