Friday, November 9, 2007

Whew! What a Saturday! I had to go grocery shopping this morning and hubby had to run dd#2 to her choir practice. She has joined the Community Youth Choir this year and they practice every Saturday morning.

I had started my card for the Inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers but left it as I had to get going. Let me tell you, the Inspiration challenge has to be the hardest challenge for me. I just can't get inspired by a photo of something. But I have decided to try. Today's inspiration was an ecard with colors that screamed Fall. To me, Fall is leaves, pumpkins, Thanksgiving and that much closer to Christmas! So I decided to go with a Thanksgiving theme card.

I looked through the CardMaker's SketchBook to see if there was a layout that would jump out at me and say "make me, make me"! And there was one! Well actually there was two but I have yet to make the second one. Looking through my stash, I found a scalloped circle that someone had sent me that would work perfect for the layout.

I tried to stay true to the colors in the ecard. So I went with Close to Cocoa, Cool Caribbean, Pumkin Pie & Chocolate Chip. Stamped the turkey from I've Fallen for You by My Favorite Things on watercolor paper. I combined SU ink Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red on his feathers and sponged the edges with vintage photo Distress Ink. The acorn, leaf and Give Thanks saying are all part of the set too.

Notice my rick rack?? Isn't that cool? It's actually a stamp from the set It's Elemental by My Favorite Things. I just stamped the rick rack in Pumpkin Pie on Pumkin Pie and cut it out! Too cool!!


Stamp sets: Falling for You, It's Elemental by My Favorite Things, SU paper: Pumpkin Pie, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Watercolor, Inks: Black Stazon, Distress ink vintage photo, SU Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Versamark

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

great color combo...the blue really brightens up the pallette!

Create It Simply said...

I really like the color combo you used and the turkey is VERY cute!!