Friday, November 9, 2007

No embellishments??? Yikes!!

I have an hour in between getting kids ready for their buses in the morning that is "Me Time". I'll stamp if the challenge is up on Splitcoast or I'll catch up on a TV show via the internet.

Today's Limited Supply challenge had me going "Yikes"! We are suppose to "Follow the List #5" : stamps could be animals/critters, background and/or sentiment, 2-4 layers with solid or patterned paper, coloring tools, punches or any other quick tools. WHAT??!! NO EMBELLISHMENTS?? I really like my brads/eyelets/ribbon. But for Jen, I will do the challenge right.

But what to do? My coffee hadn't sunk in yet so my brain wasn't working at full speed. Looking around the dark room (as everyone but the oldest is still in bed so it's best to keep the lights off but a tiny one for me to see my stamp supplies) I spotted a card I just received this week from Carolyn King better known as Cammie. "Lightbulb!" I could case her card but with my twist. So here is my card for today's Splitcoast challenge. (All supplies are Stampin' UP! unless noted)

Stamp set: Wildlife Reserve, Warmest Regards; Paper: Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, watercolor paper, Ink: stazon Black, Ranger Distress ink vintage photo and scattered straw, Acc: Watercolor crayons, aquapainter, sponge, white gel pen


Carolyn King sent me this card that inspired the card above.

My oldest likes to stamp and even does the challenges sometimes. She hasn't stamped for awhile but was bored the other day and happen to see Say Charge by My Favorite Things on the table. Here is her card:

Stamp set: Say Charge by My Favorite Things, Paper: White and blue, ribbon, paperclip, handwritten sentiment

5 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

alright! you are on a roll...great challenge card too!

Anonymous said...

Love your challenge card...can I case your case?!! hehe
Starla

Kittie said...

Great challenge card, girlie!!!

StampOwl said...

just discovered your blog BD!!!!!! I will add you to my google reader so I can keep up with what you are up to :) ... hope you have fun blogging!

Carolyn King said...

Amber...your card is awesome...saw it on scs but had NO IDEA it was inspired by mine (yours was way better but thanks for the compliment!)

Gorgeous bird and love your framing! Your dd's card is adorable!

Have fun blogging--glad you came back!!! (wink!)