Wednesday, November 21, 2007

That dress is how OLD??

My littlest one (21 months old) is wearing MY DRESS!! (yes, it is a girl.. poor thing will get more hair one of these days! lol) My grandma made it for me when I was 2 (I think, so that makes me how old??? lol). The dress has been worn by myself, my sister, an entire family of 5 girls and then it came back to me when I had my firstborn little girl! I have pictures of each one in this dress plus a picture of myself that I intend to scrap. If I can find them, I'll post the pictures. So far I have only found my oldest one's picture.



Here is my card for today's Sketch challenge. Rox took pity on us Americans getting ready for Thanksgiving and gave us an easy sketch. Easy, yea, right. I got up at regular time today even though the kids are out for Thanksgiving break. I knew what stamp I wanted to use but had the hardest time getting that next to last layer. Don't ask me why, I just did!

I had to get this stamp from High Hopes because it has piggies!! All I saw was pigs in the bathtub. What my mom saw was my four kids! LOL Maybe that is what drew me to the stamp... 4 pigs... 4 kids... No I'm not calling my kids pigs! lol (but I did color the brushes in their favorite colors!)

I stamped in stazon and used SU watercolor crayons to color the piggies. On the bubbles is Bashful Blue and then Crystal Effects to give a clear look. To me, the image calls to be cutout of the box when being layered. So that's what I did. The pattern paper is from a DCWV Christmas stack that I just got last night and just had to cut into today!

Stamp Set: Hog Wash and saying - High Hopes; Ink: black stazon; Cardstock: SU pretty in pink, black, watercolor paper, DCWV designer paper; Acces: Crystal Effects

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just ADORABLE!!