Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Pink Christmas card

Once again I have managed to combine two challenges in one card! On the My Favorite Things thread on Splitcoast there is a challenge for Celebrating MFT in Nov. using MFT sets of course! The color challenge for today is to use Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasbi, Whisper White or/and Shimmer White. Emily suggested trying a Christmas card with the colors so I listened to the boss and made a Christmas card!

I've been wanting to case a card that I got at a Shoebox swap in Oct. Today seemed to be the perfect time to do that. I just love this card. It is bigger than the normal size I am use to making. Size runs 5 1/4 x 11.

I had some white cardstock that I had run through mom's cuttlebug with the snowflake folder that I pulled out for my background. I stamped Linen in Pretty In Pink on the Shimmer White and then sponged more pink on for a shadow look. The words are stamped in Wild Wasbi and come from the Home for the Holiday set by My Favorite Things. Merry Christmas is stamped on the word window punch that was made a little longer.

The flower, from Build a Bouquet by My Favorite Things, is actually 3 different flowers stamped and cut out and then layered! I didn't like the look of it being all pink so I stamped 2 of the flowers again in Wild Wasbi and layered those on. Perfection! I put the flower on a dimension so it sticks up a little. And don't you just love those little baby brads?? Too cute and the green is so close to Wild Wasbi that I had to use them!

To finish of the card and to hold the flap closed, I tied some wasbi grosgrain ribbon around a papercilp and attached it to the card.

Stamp Sets: Build a Bouquet, Home for the Holidays by My Favorite Things, SU Linen; Ink: SU Wild Wasbi, Pretty In Pink; Cardstock: SU Shimmer White, White, Pretty In Pink, Wild Wasbi; Acces: brads, grosgrain, paperclip, glitter pen

Open view.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

Kittie said...

This is gorgeous, Amber. I love the scalloped layers on your card flap.....and the sparkle.

Vera Matson said...

Great blog, and your pink and green cards are cute! If it's ok, I'll add you to my blog roll as well! : )

VJD said...

Love this card. I'm an AKA and would love it for Christmas. Do you make them for sale? If so, how can I purchase some.