Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

To all my American friends, Happy Thanksgiving! This is for all of you:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So what are you doing this year? We are doing something a little different this year. We are spending Thanksgiving with some friends instead of family. BUT the dish I am taking has not changed. Every year I make Sweet Potato Souffle. I just have to and if you try the recipe, You'll see why I have to make it!



Sweet Potato Souffle



4 c mashed sweet potatoes

1 c sugar

2 eggs

1/2 c milk

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 stick butter, melted

1 tsp vanilla



Mix well. (I like to do it all in my mixer) Pour into a buttered pan. (fits in a 9x13)



Topping:



1 c brown sugar

1/2 c flour

1/3 c butter, melted

1 c pecans (I chop mine)



Crumble topping evenly over potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 35-45 mins uncovered.



The recipe comes from a dinner theater here in Ohio that is known for their signature Sweet Potato Souffle. They have been so kind as to put it up on their website for everyone to enjoy. If you are ever in Springboro, Ohio (or close by), you have to check out La Comedia Dinner Theater. I guarantee you will have an awesome time!

On that note,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments: