Friday, November 30, 2007

Sliver Snowflakes

I now have the song Silver Bells stuck in my head even though I used snowflakes on my card! I've been wanting to make a silver and blue card for awhile now and today's Limited Challenge on Splitcoaststampers presented the perfect opportunity to do so.

Jen gave us a list once again to follow for the limited supply challenge: Mini Main Event.
Small stamps (1.5 x 1.5 or smaller) were to be the focus point of our card with a sentiment optional. Also layers were to be limited, up to 2 specialty tools, any coloring tool and ONE type of embellishment. (I capped one as I have a hard time remembering that when I go to make the card!! Always want to add brads or eyelets too!! lol)

My layout came from Card Positioning Systems #41. A fun site to go to if you are in need a layout idea.

I used Rubbernecker's Snowflakes (there are actually 3 sizes in the set, so I used the two smallest ones) and the text Joy for my card. I stamped in silver metallic (be careful, it does smear as it takes a few to dry). I pulled out my Silver leaf pen and used that on white cardstock to make it look like silver paper underneath my blue layer. (I don't own any silver carstock! how sad is that?) I wanted to add another layer to the 'Joy' piece but since we were on limited layers, I did a faux layer using the silver leaf pen. I did pop it up on dimensions. A little paper piercing, some silver cord and my card is ready to go!

Stamp sets: Snowflake set, Joy text - Rubbernecker Stamp Co.; Paper: Blue, white; Ink: Metallic Silver; Acces: silver cord, silver leaf pen, dimensionals

0 comments: