Thursday, November 29, 2007

Metallic what??

I have no clue why this took me all day. Guess you just have to be in the mood to stamp! lol For me that is usually early in the morning but today it wasn't until an hour ago!! I had the idea all day long, it just took longer to come out of my fingertips!

Lo and behold the Ways To Use It challenge was Metallic Papers! I sat here scratching my head as I couldn't think if I had anything metallic or not! While doing the dishes, I noticed something still on my counter that I had yet to throw away. The protecting cover to a can of coffee!! I had literally opened a new can of coffee this morning even before the challenge on Splitcoaststampers was posted. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It looks like an ornament.... I could make it into an ornament on a card!! So I thought on it all day long.... I even went to the gallery to look at the WT142 cards. Big mistake as there was a card by a good friend, papermoon04 /Shelly, that also used a coffee covering. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket So now the question was, do I still go with my idea or scratch it and come up with something else? I didn't want it to look like I had cased Shelly. So I thought long and hard and decided to still go ahead with my plan but change it to be a real ornament/gift tag.

First I stamped the little guys on a post-it note and cut inside the black outline as i didn't want that to show. I used that as my mask and stamped them on the white cardstock. I blocked the area again so that trees wouldn't cut into their space. I used watercolor pencils on the trees and markers on the snowmen's scarves. I used a paint brush to stipple white craft ink all over and then embossed it with white embossing powder to make it look like snow. There is silver cord on the back for hanging and the red ribbon is held on by a glue dot. It turned out so cute that I don't want to use it as i had planned... a gift tag for a Christmas 3-d Swap! (That will be coming in a day or two.. still working on it!)

Stamp set: Flaky Friends; Paper: Real Red, White; Ink: Black Stazon; Acces: watercolor pencils, white embossing powder, stippler brush, red ribbon, silver cord, coffee protector; markers: real red, ballet blue, mellow moss, only orange

I made this for Kim's sketch over in the My Favorite Things thread on Splitcoast. I watercolored the images with ink on watercolor paper. The little lady is on dimensions and the wavy look is actually a vine stamp in the set that I cut around after it was stamped. The Miss you is from Kim's set called Essential Sentiments that fit perfectly in the word window punch!

Stamp set: It's A Jungle Out There, Essential Things; Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Going Gray, watercolor; Ink: Black Stazon, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Going Gray; Acces: brads, SU word window punch, dimensions

0 comments: