Friday, November 30, 2007

3-D Christmas gift

I am a Stampin'UP! demo and my upline, upline holds a demo camp every month that I try my best to attend. Since Christmas is coming up, we decided to have a 3-D Christmas gift swap with the item being $5.00 or under but we have to use Stampin' UP! stamps/ink/cardstock/ribbon on whatever we do.

The meeting is next Tuesday night and I have been racking my brain trying to come up with something. My mom happen to show me something that she had and I knew that it would work! On the clearance rack at Joanns were the following Letter Holders for $3.87 (regular $12.99! Ouch!):

Big deal, right? Well....... I sanded the flourish off and repainted the entire thing with white acrylic paint. I put on at least 3-4 coats of white. Then I had to decide what I was going to STAMP on it!! I finally went with Blossoms Abound. I had to try my idea on a piece of paper first as I didn't want to mess up the holder and have to repaint it! Plus there is a lot of masking going on so I used my "sketch" as my masking pieces.

So.... here is the Letter Holder AFTER I got done with it!! Now this I might pay $12.99 for!! lol


Stamp sets: Blossoms Abound, Baroque Motifs; Ink: Craft Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel


Side view, vine is on the other side too.


Close up of the lilacs.


Close up of the 'letter box'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!
Starla

Kittie said...

This is gorgeous, Amber. I know how much work that must have been as I have tried stamping and painting wood recently as well. I love your Blossoms Abound choice. I would pay $12.99.

Carolyn King said...

Positively amazing Amber. They have these unfinished in my local lss and I always thought they would be a cool project but that you took one and totally refinished it is amazing. Great job---it is beautiful!