Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy 40th Birthday, Tosh!

I'm a day late in posting the Splitcoaststampers Sunday challenge. As I took my time with the challenge for I wanted to play with some other stamps first.

Sunday's Featured stamper was Papermoon04 aka Shelly. She is a wonderful friend (even if she lives in Michigan!! lol Yes, she is the one that sent my daughter that jersey she is wearing in the post below!) I picked this card of Shelly's to case. But before I started it, I decided to check out Jeanne S and BadSherry's blogs for their Sunday challenge and to see if I could combine the two! And I could!! It was Jeanne's turn to pick the challenge and she wanted to see cards using only black and white with a splash of color. As it happens, I have been wanting to make a black and white card so this was perfect.

Plus it was perfect as Tosh aka stamps4funinCA turns 40 tomorrow! (yes, I know my card will be late. It's the thought that counts, right??)

I used You Take the Cake by My Favorite Things. I watercolored the dress and cake icing with a black watercolor crayon. The candles were watercolored then I added some yellow stickles to give them a sparkle. The Happy Birthday is embossed in white. If you check out Shelly's card that I cased, you can see the differences right away! But the layout is still the same so I am good to go.

Happy 40th Tosh, I was nice to you!!! :)

Stamp set: You Take the Cake - My Favorite Things, SU cardstock - black, white, SU word window punch, Ink: Black Stazon, yellow, blush Acces:brads, white embossing powder, yellow stickles

3 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love Amber .... you did a great job on the combo challenges. I am sure Tosh will love it too!

Kittie said...

I love your take on both challenges, Amber. The little touch of color on the candles is perfect for the JBWW.

Sherry Cheever said...

This set looks so fabulous in black and white! Awesome card, Amber!