Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've joined the bloggin' world!

Okay, so the peer pressure was getting to me! I have decided to join the blogging world! I am still under construction here and there until I get things exactly how I want them so please bear with me! So what will I be blogging about you ask? My kids, my cake decorating, scrapbooking and of course my rubber stamping!

Every day on Splitcoaststampers there is a challenge posted that I try to do. I have been doing these challenges for close to 2+ years! The challenges have really helped me grow as a stamper. And for that I am thankful to the hostess of each challenge. Thursday's challenge is Ways To Use it and today's was Very Velvet. Meaning we had to use some kind of velvet.

I knew I had velvet paper as I had gotten some a while back from a friend. And I even knew what set I was going to use! I couldn't have planned it any better if I had tried. BUT.... I forgot one little detail! My 20 month old daughter, who decided she was going to stamp with mom too!


I think she has seen me watercolor one too many times! Look at that smile on her face!

Perfect placement! Yes there is a stamp on the block but no ink! I realized today that she has watched me very closely when I stamp. I wasn't able to get a picture but she picked up my SU sponge and proceeded to sponge the edge of the cardstock! It was too cute and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get her to do it for the camera!

So there you have it! Maybe an hour card took me all day because I had a helper!
I loved Wednesday's Sketch Challenge so much that I decided use it for my layout today! I paper pieced the dresses and the bags. Meaning I stamped the image on 3 different papers and cut out the dresses and bags. The girl in the middle changed her dress quite a few times before I was satisfied! Even the flower is paper pieced and I added a rhinestone in the middle to give it a sparkle. The bags on the side are on dimensions to give them more of a 3-D effect. Paper pierced the bottom sqaure.
Stamp set: Say Charge by My Favorite Thing, SU designer paper, white, basic black, misc. blue cardstock, white organdy ribbon, black stazon ink.





















6 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Oh my what an adorable helper you do have! She's watched mom one too many times -- hehe! Fabulous card too, but not as fabulous as that babe!

Jeanne Streiff said...

Yeah Amber!!! Blog's looking good and the baby is adorable. She's so cute I think you should have 3 or 4 more :)

Jen said...

Congrats on your new blog! What a darling stamping partner you have! Your card is adorable, too. Wasn't that a hard sketch? You pulled it off nicely.

dawnmercedes said...

Way to go!!! I'm book marking you!

Kittie said...

Your daughter is so adorable and I love that she is copying mommy. I would have loved to have seen her sponging. Congratulation on your new blog. Maybe you could kick my fanny to get me in gear with mine.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie patootie your little helper is!! Got your blog in my favs!
Starla