Thursday, November 15, 2007

My tribute to one of the greatest stampers

Sorry for no post yesterday. Wasn't feeling the greatest and had no mojo whatsoever!! Today has been tons better and I think I found my mojo hiding under the table!

It snowed today!! Been snowing on and off since this morning. Nothing staying, melting as soon as it hits but it is so lovely to see. And guess what?? The radio station we listen, starts their Christmas music today at 5!!! WOOHOOO!!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We love Christmas here. So much so that when my 5yr old son saw it snowing, said we need to put the tree up cause it's almost Christmas!! lol Next week it goes up!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay, on to today's card and the challenges from Splitcoaststampers.

Today's card combines a few challenges, the sketch challenge, Ways to Use challenge and the 100th Inspiration challenge.

For the Ways to Use it, we were suppose to use Unique brads. Well... I really don't have unique, unique as I'm a big SU girl (I'm trying to step out of that zone). In looking through my accessory drawer, I came across some Christmas brads! So I figured, Why not? I haven't ever used the trees so what better excuse to use them then today?

The 100th Inspiration challenge was to make a card for a person who inspires you. If you haven't figured out who inspires me then you need to check out Kittie747! She is always doing awesome scenes. She likes to cover her snow scenes in White craft ink and then add white embossing powder and heat set. Well... I tried that, Think I need more practice still. Even my watercoloring is better because of her help. (that and I did get to see her show how she watercolors in person!!) I rubbed shoulders with her in hopes that her talent would transfer over some. (and Sherry and Jeanne too, so they don't feel left out! Love you, girls!) Here is my tribute to her:


All SU unless noted. Stamp set: Merry & Bright, Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, black, watercolor, Ink: stazon black, bravo burgundy, creamy caramel, distress reinker peeled paint, Accessories: white ep, tree brad, star brad, liquid applique, aquabrush. Snowman and deer are on gluedots to give some dimension.


Kittie has also started a blog! You can find her in my list of favorite blogs to read.

2 comments:

Kittie said...

You are the cutest girl I know. What a thrill to think that I could inspire you to do such a lovely creation. I am honored that you are such a sweet friend, Amber girl!

StampOwl said...

I love this little scene and that brad is sooo cool! Hey don't ya read your ma's blog????