Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chocolate, Cranberry & Oat Bars

,This week is parent/teacher conferences at our elementary school. The PTO is putting on a meal for the teachers with parents and PTO members providing different dishes. I volunteered for a dessert. I was thinking of making a yummy Pumpking dump cake but then got my copy of Kraft food & family magazine in the mail. On the cover was Chocolate, Cranberry & Oat Bars! Yummmmm So that is what I decided I would make. A snap to make and taste oh, so yummy!! They aren't too sweet at all. Infact, I could eat the whole pan. (Okay, so I had to taste test one bar or was it two? Maybe it was three. I don't know I lost count!)

I mean come on... doesn't this look good??? Chopped Chocolate??

Dried cranberries????
Welll, okay, maybe not the cranberries but you can't tell me that the finished product doesn't look good at all???


Here is the recipe so that you may make your own because I am not going to share! Darn it, now what am I going to take to school in 5 mins?? Guess I am making a stop at the Dollar store first!! bawahahahhaha

Chocolate, Cranberry & Oat Bars

prep: 15 min, Total:37 min

1 c dried cranberries, 1/4 c orange juice, 1 1/2 c flour, 1 1/2 c quick-cooking oats, 1t baking powder, 1/4 t salt, 3/4 c (1 1/2 sticks) margarine/butter, softened, 1 1/2 c brown sugar, 2 eggs, 4 squares Semi-Sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped, 1/2 c pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine cranberries and orange juice in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 sec. Let stand 10 min. Menawhile, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cranberry mixture, chocolate and pecans.

Spread dough into 13x9 inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake 20 t0 22 min. or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting to serve.

Makes 32 servings, 1 bar each.

Substitute: Try swapping in raisins for the cranberries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just might have to try these for my Christmas plates that I make up!!

Kelly said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!!! I added you to my roll call list!!See you on facebook.....LOL!

Anonymous said...

try the stuffed potatoes too, the are great.

dasimonds said...

These sound [and look ] Great !
making a copy of your recipe and will give it a try.
Thanks for sharing... and
"Happy Holidays"


Dee