Sunday, November 18, 2007

Hogs & Kisses Pick me up!

Soo-eet Petunia and Audrey sharing a hug! When I saw this at High Hopes, I had to get it. I love pigs! (Collect them, raised them when I was younger in 4-H, even have clothes with pigs! Guess you could say I'm a little "hog" wild!!) My order just came Thursday so the Limited supply challenge was perfect excuse to try them out! The challenge was to make a "Heartfelt Pick-Me Up" card with the following directions:

A) Use 2-3 stamps - one should be a heart image or sentiment. I used a saying and image from High Hopes and a little heart from Boho Blossoms, My Favorite Things.

B) Choose one designer paper pattern OR one embellishment. I picked grosgrain.

C) Choose one specialty tool. (Optional) Couldn't think of anything!

D) Limit the layers. The white scallop cardstock actually has the image stamped on it. The top white layer and pink layer were all cut with the coluzzle. For the scalloped edges, I used a pair of decorative mini scallop scissors.

E) Use any coloring tools I pulled out my SU watercolor crayons that haven't seen light for a while! I like to watercolor with them by picking up the crayon with my aquapainter and applying it to the cardstock.

I added a little bit of glitter to Audrey's hair bow with my Sarku Stardust clear gel pen.

Stamp sets: Boho Blossoms - MFT, Soo-eet Petunia & Audrey, Hogs & Kisses all by High Hopes, Cardstock: Pretty in pink, White, Distress reinkers, Grossgrain ribbon, dimesionals

Luckily I was able to throw this card together pretty fast as i cased the layout idea from a card that had been sent to me by none other than Kittie and I need to leave for the day!

I have to head out to school today to help my 3 grader's class sew patchwork pillows! Should be fun, what with 25 kids having needles and thread!! The fun part about this is the teacher my daughter has, was also my oldest daughter's student teacher! I had to help him sew his pillow then and now he is teaching my middle daughter!! How cool is that??? I go back on Monday to help them stuff and close up the pillows.

Please fill free to sign my guest book/map at the bottom of the page. Also feel free to sign up for email notices as I just added that tab. (Thanks Frances for your help!!)

0 comments: