Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blocked sketch

I dislike doing block cards. Rox claims she puts them up just for me as she knows I don't like them! What are friends for?? lol (No, she doesn't claim that but we do have fun pm'ng each other back and forth about them) Anyways I tried my hand at the sketch today (I did flip it though) just to make Rox happy. No, really the sketch challenges on Splitcoaststampers is my favorite challenge of the week. Rox works hard giving us a different sketch each week that pushes us to create. We love her for it and all the other hostess too! I would not be the stamper I am today if it was not for the weekly challenges and the time the hostesses spend on them. Thanks girls!


I decided to use a Rubbernecker Christmas saying for my focal point. (are you surprised?) And I wanted to cut into my big DCWV Christmas Stack design paper too!! So I decided to combine the sketch with Sharon's blog challenge of using only pattern paper and sentiment.


This card would be so easy to mass produce as all I stamped was the saying and then sponged scattered straw and vintage photo. Add a couple of brads and layer everything and you have Vintage Christmas card! (my card base is vanilla cardstock but it is hard to see with the white background)



Stamps: Celebrate saying - Rubbernecker Stamp Co.; Cardstock - vanilla, chocolate, DCWV the Christmas stack (i got mine at Joanns); Ink: Distress vintage photo, scattered straw; Acces: brads

1 comments:

StampOwl said...

I think you protest toooo much hehehehe! See it wasn't all that hard now was it .... and don't go blaming Roxie for this one .... I sent her the link for this sample months back ... I love the layout. I love what you came up with btw ... beautiful card!