Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How in the world...

Am I going to watercolor with Purely Pomegranate being the only "ink"?? Today's color challenge on Splitcoast is Purely Pomegranate, White and Kraft. Okay!! I already knew what I wanted to do as there is a sketch in the My Favorite Things thread that I wanted to try. But I wanted to WATERCOLOR!!! The color challenge was posted last night but instead of doing it, I went to bed and dreamt about it. And let me tell you, that worked!! I got up this morning and was ready to go.

I swiped the bottom half of the card with White craft ink to make the floor. Added a piece of purely pomegranate paper for the baseboard and stamped the little thing from Boho Blossoms on the wall in white. Chair is paper pieced and flowers are watercolored with white gel pen used for center.

Window scene is stamped on white and layered vellum ontop to make it look like glass. Scored curtains. Top piece used the corner rounder punch to make the scallops and on dimensionals.

Front





Inside

Stamp sets: Boho Blossoms, Baby it's cold outside, How sweet it is, Cardstock: SU Purely Pomegranate, White, Kraft, Vellum, Ink: Purely Pomegranate, stazon black, creamy caramel, White Craft ink, Acc: dimensionals, white gel pen, glitter pen

3 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

This card makes me GIGGLE! =)

Create It Simply said...

Love this idea! Very creative use of the stamp sets.

Sherry Cheever said...

hehe, this is a cute card!