Tuesday, November 27, 2007

5 years in the making!

Had to share another card I made for Rubbernecker Stamp Co. But first the story behind it.

When I started stamping 5 yrs ago, my first stamp set had a stocking in it (that I have since passed on to another loving home). I wanted to make my Christmas cards with a fireplace and the stockings hanging off. I looked high and low for a fireplace stamp but couldn't find what I wanted. Fastforward to last month and meeting Dave the owner of Rubbernecker and getting asked to design cards for him. Guess what he has?? A fireplace/log/garland set!! He also has a 3 stockings but I only used one so there would be no fighting over who got which stocking!

I did faux woodgrain for the floor by swiping the distress ink Vintage Photo over the cardstock until it got as dark as i wanted it. Using a ruler, I drew on the lines for the wood planks. The wall is actually designer paper, Pointsettia from Flurries & Frost. All the images are watercolored with distress reinkers and then cutout! Yes, cutout! I wrote our names on the stockings all the way down to the youngest. (whew, we barely fit on there!!) The stockings and logs are on dimenesions.

For five years in the making (at least in my mind!), this card didn't turn out too bad!!

Stamps: Rubbernecker Fireplace/logs/garland set,Warm and Wonderful text; Cardstock: White, Flurries & Frost "Poinsettia" design paper, Inks: Black stazon, distress reinkers Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, tattered rose, peeled paint; Acces: brads, aquapainter, dimensionals

Today's card:

Emily picked some yummy colors; Basic Gray, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. I still haven't ordered any Basic Gray so I used Going Gray instead. I also decided to try Sherry's JBWW challenge sketch that she had up. What an interesting sketch! If you haven't checked out Sherry's and Jeanne's sunday Challenge, head on over. They take turns hosting.

Back to my card. I just had to use a stamp from Rubbernecker Stamp Co. because as you know, their site just went live last night! (Yes, not all of the images are up and running but keep checking back as he is working on it. I do know that these are the stamp images up so far: Holiday in both Rubbernecker & Stamp Oasis; Rubbernecker Old Characters, Fishing, Dogs and Sunny Days.)

okay, okay, back to my Color challenge card!! I pulled out some designer paper that was very close to Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. I even pulled out my poor unused Fiskar circle cutter to cut my circle! That thing has been collecting dust for ages!!

Using the Going Gray watercolor crayon, I colored in the kittie. I used the inks for the Christmas lights as i wanted a stronger color than what the crayons gave me. I added a little glitter pen on the lights and then wanting a clear look to the lights, added some Crystal Effects over top of them. My distressing tool jumped into my hands this morning and I just couldn't ignore it! But my images looked so white sitting there on the white cardstock that I had to added some sponging too.

Stamps: Tangled Kittie, Purrfect Christmas text - Rubbernecker Stamps; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Going Gray, Design paper; Accs: Crystal Effects, Watercolor Crayons, distresser tool, glitter pen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber! Just linked you, too -- thanks much!!! What a couple cute cards here -- love them both and caught them on SCS earlier!!! Congrats on your new Blog -- isn't it fun!!! I'm still trying to learn the ropes -- slow but steady, wins the race -- LOL!!! Great Blog so far -- best wishes!!!