Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy 40th Birthday

purseKylacopy

One of my good friends turned 40 this past weekend. I wanted to do something special for her and what could be more special than making her a cake. But what kind of cake? That was the hard part. I knew what wanted to do but decorating it was another thing.

purseKylacopy

White cake was used, three layers with the pan being an 8 inch Wilton pan. I used homemade Marshmallow Fondant tinted pink/purplish for the main part of the purse. Used a decorating wheel to give a stitched look to the flap of the purse. The trim and handle is brown MMF. For the handle, I just wrapped the fondant around some thick wire which I pushed into some coffee straws so the wire didn’t touch the cake. Then it was time to decorate the cake  (and by this time it was midnight) so I went with a layered flower and the letter K as her name is Kyla!

As this cake was a last minute idea, I didn’t take take pictures on how to put it together etc. but will next time I make one as this was too much fun to make and I can see the endless possibilities in decorations!

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as Kyla enjoyed finally having her own “Amber” cake (as she put it) for her birthday.


        Thanks for stopping by!


                     Amber

0 comments: