Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Birthday Cakes

kamsbday15copy

As you know, besides cards, I like to “dabble” in cakes/cupcakes/cookies too. This past weekend I had an order for a birthday cake for a 15 yr. old girl.

After a week of texting and pinning pictures back and forth with the mom, we settled on a cake. I love how it turned out so wanted to share it with all of you.

8 inch top cake with a 10 inch cake underneath. Completely covered in marshmallow fondant that I make. Cowgirl hat is rice krispie covered. Hope you enjoy.

kamsbday15copy

Realized I never blogged the cake I made for the same family back in Jan. for their daughter who turned 18.

3-D cupcake with an 8inch 2 layer cake underneath. Added edible shimmer to the roses, the beads and on the fondant bow. Two shades of purple was used on the cakes and a little black bead added in for a little pop of color. Another fun cake to make.

18thKelscakecopy





            Thanks for stopping by!


                         Amber

0 comments: