Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trick or Treat

Treatscopy

It is my turn to post over at Craft-Dee BowZ but I had to share it here with you too. Donna gave us a theme of Halloween and a non card at that!

I know you have seen a few Halloween cards from me but really we don’t do Halloween. Yes, our kids do dress up but for a Harvest party and they are not allowed to dress up as anything scary so you see a lot of princesses, army guys, puppy dogs, cotton candy (my middle went as last year), paper doll (my youngest last year). Any ways I digress….Back to this challenge Donna gave us.

Halloween… non card…. what to do? I like to send goodies to work for hubby’s coworkers so why not decorate a container that he could put on his desk with some kind of treat in it for them?

Took some of the ribbon Donna sent us and made a triple loop bow by doubling up my ribbons. Instead of just laying the ends of the ribbon around the container, I decided to twist the two ribbons together.

  Using a spider web die, I cut out the spider web and attached it just by the corner. If you look closely you will see a small little spider (sticker) on the web. Printed out a pumpkin digi image from Paper Pretties that I colored and added in the corner. Attached the little sign to the container so everyone would know they could have a treat.

Now what to fill the treat container with? How about Pumpkin Oreo Muddy Buddies? Oh my gosh! I didn't think I was gonna have any left to put in the mini baggies as this stuff is just that good! Tied each baggie up with some ribbon that I had (keeping with the black/orange color theme).

Close up of the Pumpkin Oreo Muddy Buddies.

halloween1copy

But what you are really saying is “Amber!! Stop teasing us and give us the recipe!!” I can’t take credit for the recipe as I got it from Something Swanky blog which I found via Pinterest.

Pumpkin Oreo Muddy Buddies

Ingredients

  • 2 cups Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
  • 7 cups Chex Cereal
  • 1 cup crumbled Oreos
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

    Instructions
  1. In large microwave safe bowl, heat the Hershey Kisses for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Add the cereal to the bowl, a few cups at a time, stirring gently and coating the cereal as you go.
  2. Add the Oreos to the bowl, and stir gently to coat.
  3. Place the powdered sugar in a gallon sized zip top bag. Spoon the coated cereal mixture into the bag. Seal the bag, and shake to coat the cereal mixture.
  4. Serve immediately or keep sealed in bag, and store for 3-4 days


    .Don’t say I didn’t warn you on how good this is! 


            Thanks for stopping by!

                       Amber



2 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

For someone who does not celebrate Halloween, you nailed it! Such a gorgeous job on the bow and the entire project. Hubby will have to beat his co-workers off with a stick for this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara Bruder said...

Amber, I have to agree with Donna!!! And this treat box is such a great idea. Your bow is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing that recipe, my mouth is watering as I am reading how to make this.