It is my turn to post over at Craft-Dee BowZ but I had to share it here with you too. Donna gave us a theme of Halloween and a non card at that!
I know you have seen a few Halloween cards from me but really we don’t do Halloween. Yes, our kids do dress up but for a Harvest party and they are not allowed to dress up as anything scary so you see a lot of princesses, army guys, puppy dogs, cotton candy (my middle went as last year), paper doll (my youngest last year). Any ways I digress….Back to this challenge Donna gave us.
Halloween… non card…. what to do? I like to send goodies to work for hubby’s coworkers so why not decorate a container that he could put on his desk with some kind of treat in it for them?
Took some of the ribbon Donna sent us and made a triple loop bow by doubling up my ribbons. Instead of just laying the ends of the ribbon around the container, I decided to twist the two ribbons together.
Using a spider web die, I cut out the spider web and attached it just by the corner. If you look closely you will see a small little spider (sticker) on the web. Printed out a pumpkin digi image from Paper Pretties that I colored and added in the corner. Attached the little sign to the container so everyone would know they could have a treat.
Now what to fill the treat container with? How about Pumpkin Oreo Muddy Buddies? Oh my gosh! I didn't think I was gonna have any left to put in the mini baggies as this stuff is just that good! Tied each baggie up with some ribbon that I had (keeping with the black/orange color theme).
But what you are really saying is “Amber!! Stop teasing us and give us the recipe!!” I can’t take credit for the recipe as I got it from Something Swanky blog which I found via Pinterest.
Pumpkin Oreo Muddy Buddies
- 2 cups Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- 7 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 cup crumbled Oreos
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In large microwave safe bowl, heat the Hershey Kisses for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Add the cereal to the bowl, a few cups at a time, stirring gently and coating the cereal as you go.
- Add the Oreos to the bowl, and stir gently to coat.
- Place the powdered sugar in a gallon sized zip top bag. Spoon the coated cereal mixture into the bag. Seal the bag, and shake to coat the cereal mixture.
- Serve immediately or keep sealed in bag, and store for 3-4 days
.Don’t say I didn’t warn you on how good this is!
Thanks for stopping by!