Friday, October 18, 2013

Paper Piecing with a digi

AmberPaperPiecingajhcopy

Time for another challenge over at Wags ‘n Whiskers. This is Challenge 115- Paper Piecing. I haven’t paper pieced a digi image in a long time and even though I thought I remembered how, I still looked it up just to be sure I DID remember all the right steps. In doing so, it got me to wondering if maybe you could use a refresher course too so I have a mini tutorial today on how to Paper Piece with a digi image.

For my card, I used Super Ryan. I wanted to paper piece his shirt, shorts, cape and socks. First I figured out how big I wanted him and after getting the right size, I copied and pasted him three times in Adobe InDesign and printed out the single sheet of printer paper.

copy
Also printed him once on cardstock. Colored the non paper pieced parts with copics. (sorry, didn’t think to get a picture of that)

I had my paper picked out so I cut pieces small enough to fit over just the images I wanted to paper piece. (forgive me, I didn’t take a picture before sending it through the printer. oops!)

Attached the design paper with double sided tape (or use repositionable tape) to the shirt, cape/socks and shorts. Placed paper back into printer paper tray and hit print from InDesign. And I ended up with this:

copy2

Now comes the fun part…. cutting out all the pieces from the design paper and attaching it to the “real” digi image that you printed off on cardstock. (My sock piece didn’t stay attached so I skipped paper piecing those)

Here is a close up shot of “Ryan” in his paper pieced outfit.

Appcopy

And that is how you Paper Piece a digital image!

To finish my card, I cut come circles, of the same design paper I had paper pieced with, using Spellbinders. Added some fluffy stuff to the dog’s rear.

AmberPaperPiecingajhcopy

So head on over to Wags ‘n Whiskers and show us your paper piecing cards! One lucky participant will win a free Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber stamp! More details at Wags ‘n Whiskers blog.


        Thanks for stopping by!


                       Amber

0 comments: