Thursday, February 28, 2013

Easter Blessings

EasterBlessingscopy

Can’t believe Spring is just right around the corner! With Spring comes Daylight Savings Time, the budding of trees/flowers, return of birds, my oldest birthday (she will be 17!) and of course Easter! So what better time to start showing cards using Spring Just For Fun Rubber Stamps?

Today I have a clean and simple Easter card to share. It didn’t turn out how I had started it in my head but like the simplicity of it that allows the image and sentiment to stand out and speak for itself.

I used  G3582 Easter Cross and sentiment B3594 Easter Blessings. Colored the cross using prismacolor pencils and blending with odorless mineral spirits. I then cut it out completely. Stamped it a second time to just color the lilies and cut them out completely. Attached them to the cross with glue dots and attached the entire image to the cardstock with glue dots. Stamped the sentiment down at the bottom and layered it onto purple cardstock.

EasterBlessingscopy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I was just talking about Spring but I also wanted to share the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps card I made for their blog. So let’s take a trip back to winter just for a second.

I used G3584 Tree with berries. Now we had a sketch we were suppose to use and also do some embossing if we could. I’m telling you the sketch really threw me for a loop but I put my head to the grindstone and got ‘er done.

I went with a scene for my card, masking and sponging on inks to make a sky and snow drifts. Then I stamped my image, pulled out the red embossing marker and some clear embossing powder and made the berries red. A little vellum over the tree to finish up the sketch and WOW! I really like how this card turned out!

sketch2ajhcopy



        Thanks for stopping by!


                   Amber

2 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Amber, both of your cards are so prety. I really like the CAS of the Easter card and I really love that winter card. The way you made it makes this card scene come alive.

crafty-stamper said...

Great cards and blog and brilliant birthday cake-good luck with the Twisted Tuesday DT call
Carol DT x