Thursday, January 3, 2013

Love

Loveajh1-3-13 copy

Welcome to my first post as a design team member for Just For Fun Rubber Stamps and it is also my day to post on their blog!

When I saw the following images, I knew I wanted to make a shabby chic card. Well at least try my hand at one as I have the hardest time with that kind of design even though I love it. This is what I came up with.

I used the following images, CB9020 Romantic Cube, the cherub only, and E2658 Love for my standard size card.

Loveajh1-3-13 copy

Stamped the sentiment in black, cut it out with Spellbinders™ oval and layered with scalloped oval. Before removing the oval die cut, I sponged the inside with some light pink ink. The cherub I also stamped in black and colored it using copics, gold & silver Smooch on the bow & arrow and Angel Wing Shimmerz on the wings. (which of course is hard to photograph)

Distressed the pink and purple pattern papers, added faux stitching with a white gel pen and accented with two different types of lace from May Arts. The gold heart on the bow is actually a button with the backing cut off so it would fit better against the bow. I used the Craft-Dee BowZ to make my 2 loop bow.


           Thanks for stopping by!


                    Amber

3 comments:

Janine said...

"Love" the faux stitching technique. Great first project!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combination and all the gorgeous details! Have a Beautiful day!
Nancy xx :D

dyeandpigment said...

I really thought you stitched it until I read your instructions. Great work.