Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It’s a dog day

It’s time for another Pretties Wednesday Challenge over on the Paper Pretties Blog. This week our challenge is to use Ribbon or Twine on our cards.

I used Dog-Gone Birthday for my card. Colored with copics and used a corner punch to make all my corners round. I went with twine on my card. Threaded it through the buttons on the side.

AmberTwinepuppybdaycopy

I also have a project that my 15 yr old and 9 yr old made that I wanted to share with you. They are addicted to Pinterest. I mean really, who isn’t? After seeing a few things that we have pinned for our to do list, they started looking around the house with new eyes and found this:

containerajh

There is a window on there, daughter just took a picture from the back side. It’s a really nice sturdy box that I had saved incase I came up with of a way to alter it but dog gone it, my kids beat me to it!

Here is what they did to it:

dogtreats

She painted the top green and my son (9yrs) painted the lid. Then came that question: “Do you have any dog stamps we could use, Mom?”  Now really that is a silly question for those of you who know me. I mean of course I have to have some dogs stamps, right?  And of course Dog-Gone Birthday was sitting out because of the above card so guess what she used? She used white ink and placed all four stamps on the acrylic block and stamped away.

Now if only she had added twine or ribbon for a handle she could have entered it into the Paper Pretties Challenge! She may not have entered but you still can and here is how to:

How to Enter: If you would like to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project using the above challenge and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword PWC191.

Don’t forget to include a link to your card on the Paper Pretties Blog, so everyone can see it too. You don’t have to use Paper Pretties stamps to play, but of course if you have them we would love to see you use them. One random participant will receive a Paper Pretties Stamps set … see the Paper Pretties Blog for more details.


         

            Thanks for stopping by!


                       Amber

1 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Fun way to use twine and awesome projecf by your kiddos!