Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nontraditional Christmas color card

ambersunusualchristmascolorsajhcopy

So this week the challenge over at Paper Pretties is to make a Christmas card using non traditional colors. No problem, right? Well… I had a problem.. I have NO Paper Pretties Christmas stamps! eeekkk!! What to do?

Well an idea started forming that I just had to try. I used Fish Wishes for my card, colored the fish pink with copics and painted a little shimmerz on.

But it doesn’t have anything Christmassy in the set, you say. I know! That’s where the fun part came in. I used Christmas paper, wrote my own sentiment and made a Christmas tree!!

Painted the tree with Angel Wing Shimmerz and for the lights I used MuddPuddles Sea Glass in shades of blue/white. Added a blue star button on top of the tree. The “ocean” floor is also from MuddPuddles.

ambersunusualchristmascolorsajhcopy

So come play with us over at Paper Pretties. I can’t wait to see all the nontraditional colors that are used.


        Thanks for stopping by!


                     Amber

4 comments:

Dawn said...

love the MP!! cute!

Roxie said...

Now that is very cool to use the MPsea glass for lights, nice use of the MP!

Julie said...

Awesome non-traditional Christmas card! I Love it!

Sonsuz Dekorasyon said...

very nice and enjoyable cards!!

http://sonsuzdekorasyon.blogspot.com/