Friday, September 30, 2011

Unusual Christmas colors

Ambersyellowpurrplecopy

So this week the challenge over at Sweet ‘n Sassy Digi is a color challenge with the colors being red, yellow & purple. ummmm okay, not my favorite combination but then again this is a challenge which is to get you out of your comfort zone.. this got me out of my comfort zone for sure!

I decided to go with a Christmas card. Yup, you heard me, a Christmas card with those colors! Let me tell you, I had a hard time with it at first but I think I like the end results.

Ambersyellowpurrplecopy

I used Winter Friends Digital Stamp. Put some Sparkly Fluff on the snowman’s hat and Flower Soft for the snow. Colored image with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Background is cuttlebug’d with Holly plate and embossed with clear embossing powder. Sentiment is from Primitive Christmas also by Sweet ‘n Sassy.

Come join us over at Sweet ‘n Sassy Digi as we’d love to see your cards!

 

        Thanks for stopping by!


                   Amber

2 comments:

merrymstamper said...

this is adorable! love the snow texture on your card.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Amber! The colors worked so well for the snowman! You did such a wonderful job on the challenge!