Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Frozen Tundra and a winner

sparklingsnow2-3-11

This is my second post for the day, scroll down for my Paper Pretties sneak peek.

We are slowly thawing out. I say slowly because there is just too much ice to chip away. Even the back roads are still covered. The kids have been home all week but Monday and we finally ventured out last night just to get some subs. Frozen Tundra for sure! And with that, I have a few more pictures to show you.

Can you read that ruler? An inch of ice and then another 1 1/4 inch of sleet/snow on top of it! This was taken on our sidewalk where hubby was able to chip only a small portion away.
measurement2-4-11


The ice was melting off the trees, making them all wet and when the sun would hit them, they just glistened and sparkled. So pretty but yet so hard to capture in a picture.
aftermath2-3-11

Our back steps! Needless to say our back door is frozen solid.
backsteps2-3-11

The way the sun hit the snow made it sparkle like millions of diamonds. So pretty and blinding!
sparklingsnow2-3-11

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, I felt so loved and now onto  the winner of the Cake Crystals……  Congratulations go to: 

AShu93 said...

Those sound yummy & look great! I liked the crystals on fb. I'd love to try those.


         Thanks for stopping by!


                      Amber

0 comments: