Friday, January 7, 2011

OCL Color Challenge #47

Well the flu bug has entered our house this week. Benjamin had it Tuesday morning and yesterday Jorden had it. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, I got a phone call from school that Allie had thrown up. Luckily it was at the end of the day but they didn’t want to send her home on the bus so I ran out and picked her up. In all that sickness I was still able to make a card for the Our Craft Lounge  (with a little help which I’ll explain in a bit)!

It’s a new year and Our Craft Lounge blog is switching up their challenges. Today brings you the first “different” challenge which is a Color challenge. The colors are: Black, Red & Kraft. And here is a little inspiration for you:

challenge_47_blog

So the help I was talking about…I was looking over at France’s blog when I spotted this card. I kept the layout the same. Embossed the hearts from True Love in black onto red cardstock. Added just a little bit more red by using red heart brads under the embossed sentiment from So In Love. Black ribbon with a bow made using the bow easy helps pop the black just a little bit more.

bEmINEajhcopy

Supplies:  True Love & So In Love, black, red & kraft cardstock, black ribbon, black embossing powder, versamark, heart brads, Martha Stewart border punch


        Thanks for stopping by!


                    Amber

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Super sweet card Amber! Hope everyone is feeling better very soon.

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Amber