Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winner, Published, Turkey Cupcakes and a Cake!

rosesclass2

 

First I want to announce my winner (that random.org drew) from the OCL blog hop.  Would Ashu93 (Ann Shuman) please come on down. You are the lucky winner of Tree-mendous Love!  Thanks to everyone who left comments.

Published you say? I happen to get this magazine in the mail yesterday: VSNcover Hmmmm Only reason I would be getting a copy was if I was published. So I sat right down and look what I found:  (top right hand corner)VSN1


(bottom right hand corner)  That’s me!!VSNpub

So last night was my last cake decorating class for the Basic class. We had to bring in a cake already iced, drop flowers if we wished (that we had made a few days before to harden). We learned Ribbon Roses.  I didn’t have a plan on how I was going to decorate it so I just kind of “threw” everything on. Not really how I would have liked it to look but since we made the roses in class, they weren’t hard enough to move if we didn’t like where we placed them. This was my first time making roses!

So here is my finished cake: rosesclass1

Close up of the roses: rosesclass

So my son’s class is having their Harvest party today. I (for some odd reason other than I’m CRAZY!!) volunteered to bring in cupcakes. now usually I make a cupcake cake with a buttercream transfer but I always ask my kids what THEY want me to make for their class.  Well Benjamin decided no transfer so I found turkey cupcakes online and he liked that idea.  I couldn’t find the exact things that others used so I went with rainbow twizzlers and Vienna Fingers.  

Cupcakes are Cookie Dough Cupcakes.
turkeycloseupcopy

Here is half of them as I had to make 24!

Turkeycupcakescopy



       Thank you for stopping by!

                   Amber

4 comments:

Starla said...

Your roses turned out pretty....I should take a cake decorating class sometime.

AShu93 said...

Yeah Amber, thanks for picking my name!

The cupcakes are so cute! I like the rainbow tailfeathers.

AShu93 said...

Oops, I forgot to say - congrats on being published! What a great snowflake card.

Baking Decorations said...

Beautiful rose cake. Love the cupcakes too. Very creative.