Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lots of Shimmer going on

shimmerbutterflyajhcopy

Well I started out yesterday making a card for HYCCT vintage and also for the TLC.  Well it wasn’t turning out how I wanted it to so I did a complete 360 and went for HYCCT17 – Pop it Out and completely ditched the TLC. Butterfly is on a Pop up Glue Dot by Glue Dots. Butterfly and flowers were colored with watercolor pencils and blended with water and sparkly H2Os.shimmerbutterflycloseupajh copy

Sewed actual button holes and sewed buttons on with linen thread. buttonholesajhcopyWording stamped on stripes is from Butterfly Kisses set. Design paper is DCWV Amber Autumn.  I used Rosemarie’s sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You. (it’s the last sketch in the post.)
shimmerbutterflyajhcopy
Supplies: Butterfly Kisses, black/vanilla, DCWV Amber Autumn design paper, buttons, sewing machine, corner round punch, prism watercolor pencils, sparkly h2o, spellbinders scallop & standard circle

So I wanted to give the Try New Technique295 one more try and decided to combined it with the CleanAndSimple89 which was a  sketch inspired by kstamper. Using Happy Holly-days by Our Craft Lounge, I stamped a frame, used tattered rose distress ink on an acrylic block over top before using prism watercolor pencils and sparkly H2O to color the holly. Went back and drew in a line with my black multiliner copic. I couldn’t leave it a one layer card as the inspiration was so I distressed the edges and layered it onto regal rose.  This is also for HYCCT19 – Thank Heaven for Little Girls. Inspiration was pink photos, something pink from your childhood or those at MD Anderson Cancer Center going through Breast Cancer.  Well I pushed it a little as I’ve always wanted to decorate in pink for Christmas but our decorations are all kiddie made. One day I will have room to put up another Christmas tree and it will be all pink! Till then, I will make PINK Christmas cards!

PinkChristmasajhcopy    Supplies: Happy Holly-days, brilliance black ink, tattered rose distress ink, acrylic block, prism watercolor pencils, water brush, sparkly h2o, black multiliner copic, distressing tool, white/regal rose cardstock

         Thanks for stopping by!

                     Amber

1 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely card - finished both inside and out
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan