Monday, September 6, 2010

Paper Cupcake – Follow the recipe

floralboatajh

This week at Paper Cupcake we were given a recipe by Nilla to follow for our card:

1 ribbon
2 embellishments (rhinestones, pearls, brads...)
3 DPs
4 flowers


Whew! I wasn’t sure if I could pull it off considering I was working with a boat image! But I pulled out some DP from DCWV The Cafe Mediterranean matstack and away I created.  I colored my white ribbon with my orange copic to match the boat and paper. Pulled out some orange felt flowers (hope I don’t get points off for “hiding” my flowers some under my image) and some orange gemstones. Colored the image with copics and prismacolor pencils blended with odorless mineral spirits.

floralboatajh

Thanks for stopping by And if you play along with Paper Cupcake, Let me know so I can see how well you followed the recipe!

       
           Thanks for stopping by!

                        Amber

8 comments:

Dru said...

Morning Amber - love this - not only is it one of my favorite images I have yet to try, but I love the colors and papers you chose as well! Hugs, Dru

Pat said...

Hi Amber,

Love your take on the recipe this week, and your colours look great with this image.

Pat xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

You pulled it off really well... this is totally awesome! Love your colors, perfection!

Debbie Schneider said...

Hello Amber - I am this months guest designer and I love your take on this weeks challenge - the colors are wonderful together and your coloring superb!!

CraftinGranny said...

Great take on the challenge Amber and those are fab colors. "Hugs" Carol

Nilla said...

Love the boat in orange, so cool! Fabulous card and great take on the recipe! Hugs Nilla

Gloria Westerman said...

How adorable.....Love your colors and those flowers are prefect....great job...

Nina said...

Amber, I love the fun bright colors for this image! I especially love the orange and love that flowers were part of this as well, not sure too many people would attempt to add flowrs to this pic, but I think is worked out wonderfully delightful!