Monday, September 20, 2010

Paper Cupcake – Bling

blingcupcakescopy

This week over at Paper Cupcake, we were asked to bling up our cards. We all had to work with the same image.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to participate as my printer decided it didn’t want to print! Took me a good part of the weekend to get it working with my laptop and it still isn’t printing wireless! ugh

I decided to do a little cutting out of the box with the image. Used copics and prismacolor pencils/odorless mineral spirits to color the image. I bling’d my card by using silver stickles for the icing of the cupcakes, blue stickles on the eyes, yellow stickles on the flower middles, silver gel pen on the Spellbinders scallop circles and silverish bling embellishment on the side. My layout is from SCS’s sketch challenge and is #175.

blingcupcakescopy


I might be MIA the rest of this week as I will be busy making 225 cupcakes for a wedding on Saturday! Needless to say I don’t know how much time I’ll have to make some cards or if I do, they are going to be clean and simple! lol

 

         Thanks for stopping by!

                    Amber

11 comments:

Nilla said...

I really like how you did with the cupcakes, fabulous card!! Hugs Nilla

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh 225 cupcakes WOW! Your card is adorable... love how you cut out the cupcakes and added them outside your focal panel! Very cool!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Awesome job.....and what a job.....love your layout.....

Pat said...

Super card love the half circles behind your image and the way you have put the cupcakes outside the box.

Pat xx

Jessie said...

Cute card Amber! The cupcakes look fantastic cut out like that! Good luck with your cupcake baking, your house is going to smell soooo yummy!

CraftinGranny said...

This is a great layout Amber. Love what you've done with the image and the card. Good luck with your cupcake project. After this you probably won't want to see one for awhile..... or decorate one...LOL
"Hugs" Carol

Dru said...

Wow! The colors you used are so striking - such a cool card!! Hugs, Dru

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Amber...such a super cute image and I love the sketch!!!! Good luck with all those cupcakes...that's a lotta cookin!!!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

So adorable Amber, love that image!

Patti P. said...

Beautiful LO...love the way you cut out of the nestie. Hope your cupcakes go well and the wedding is beautiful.

Debbie Schneider said...

This is really adorable - great lay-out and the colors just perfect!!