Monday, August 30, 2010

Paper Cupcakes – NO Pattern paper

fisghingajhcopy

WHAT???? No pattern paper allowed?? Yikes!!!   But I’m up for a challenge and that is what it is this week over at Paper Cupcakes.

I used cuttlebug bubbles and Scor Buddy (did some faux plaid) for my background. Colored the image with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Added some stickles to the fish’s scales. Used Mudd Puddles’ sand on the bottom. I wanted a water look to it so I filled in the water with crystal effects, even going over top of the sand. Added some Mudd Puddle shells on the side.

Here is a close up of the image so you can see the water/sand. I had colored the “water” a light blue but it doesn’t show at all after adding the crystal effects.

closeupfishingajhcopy

And here is the complete card:

fisghingajhcopy

 
prismacolor pencils, nesties,
mudd puddles, scor buddy,
cuttlebug, crystal effects



          Thanks for stopping by!

                   Amber

13 comments:

Dru said...

So cute, and I love all your details1 Hugs, Dru

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome Amber. Love the water... great idea! Super adorable card!

Toni said...

Loved how you made the water and sand....really neat card!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh WOW Amber. I love the way you've created this card, especially the water. It's awesome!
"Hugs" Carol

Monique said...

Ack!! I love this ..how creative... the water looks incredible..

Katherine said...

cute!

Michelle said...

VERY cool card! All your attention to detail makes this amazing.

Patti P. said...

Amber, I love that water effect...will have to give this a try. I really like how they are looking at one another. TFS

cardmaking bird said...

Great card, Amber. You've done a wonderful job with my challenge - I especially like the sand and water - it's all in the details! Hugs, Marie x

Nilla said...

Fabulous idea, looks so real, love it! I sent you the award from Marie on to you!! Hugs Nilla

Nina said...

Such a wonderful card Amber! I love this image and you did a great job with it! I too, love your sand and how you did the water, makes me want to jump in! Love everything about it! Just lovely!

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute - love the water thanks for sharing!!!

Starla said...

OOOO!! Very clever!!