Friday, June 18, 2010

End of Year Teacher Gifts

Cardkitteacher
School is finally out for us! Whew, those darn snow days we had to make up made us go an extra 3 days past when we were suppose to get out!

So besides spoiling my teachers all year long, I try to go out with a bang at the end of the year. For a while I had no clue what I was going to be doing and then last week the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers caught my eye. It was for a stationery box.

My friend,
Starla, shared her link with me that she had done a few years ago and within her posting she also had a link to a blog that had printable patterns for the box. I like having patterns so I printed them out and used them as a reference for the 5 boxes I made.

Yes, I said 5 boxes. Did I mention that I only started them on Saturday and the first one needed to be done by Monday? I know, nothing like waiting till the last minute. lol (And it was just my luck that we had bad thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday night that knocked out the power at the same time 10:47 pm till 12:00am! Needless to say I was making the kits by a camping lantern! lol)

So here are the boxes (2 are missing as I was in a rush to get to school on Wend that I completely ran out of time to take pictures!)

 For a favorite 8th grade teacher, Ms. DeMarco
IMG_1426 This was taken at Carmen’s 8th grade graduation night.

outsidekit2

Inside of the box:Cardkitteacher 
Close up of the cards inside the box:

cardkit1
This card layout was also used in the other two female boxes just in pink and blue.

cardskit

cardskit2

tagskit

Mrs. Dill – 5th grade
AllieDill5thcopy
Allie and her 5th grade teacher, taken during their 5th grade bash. (I had the same teacher but when I was in 3rd grade!) 

5th grade teacher’s box (and also the Principal but I used Bella Birds paper with more the pink/blue tones)

outsidekit Sorry for the red background, took the picture at school. lol So I used the other gifts she had gotten for the background.

DDcardkit The inside to the Principal’s box looks the same. Even did the same layouts of cards but again in her colors of pinks/blues.

Mrs.Jacobs – 1st grade
Ben1stJacobscopy  Benjamin and his 1st grade teacher. Even though it doesn’t look like it, He loved having her. (nor does she look 4 months pregnant!)

For 1st grade teacher. She is expecting her first child so I went with a baby kit theme.
babykit
Fancy Pants design paper along with Fancy Pants rub ons (the lion and birds)

Inside of the box:
babyinsideThank you cards and Congratulations cards are what is inside her box. The congratulations cards have a lion on them.

Wish I had gotten pictures of all the cards but I was running out the door when I was taking this last one!

Supplies used: SU’s Friends 24-7, SU’s Medallion, OCL’s Jungle Love, OCL Sparkly Fluff (on the monkey),  Fancy Pants paper, Bella Bleu paper, Dream Street paper, brads, primas, cuttlebug, nesties, ribbon, tag coluzzle, border punch, cardstock colors: brown, white, blue, green, yellow and mini post it notes     


         Thanks for stopping by!

                   Amber

4 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

Wow amber! Those are FAB boxes..I've got to make something for dd's teachers too..hmmmm. I have to say..Mrs. Dill does not look old enough to be teaching for what..20 years? She looks fantastic! And Mrs. Jacobs is 4mo's pregnant? I'm talking like I know these women..which I don't...but they both look FANTASTIC imo!

Starla said...

The boxes turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful gifts. I wish I were one of the Teachers.

Ter ;)

Unknown said...

I am just stun at these beautiful boxes and the gifts inside. My goodness you are so creative. Lovely Idea and gifts!