Friday, May 7, 2010

Gel pens galore cards

savorRosesFlowerajhcopy
Today’s Free for All challenge was to use gel pens. No problem at all. I love using my gel pens.

First I pulled out the card I had made for the Sketch challenge but had never uploaded… just wasn’t happy with it yet. Guess what? That gel pen made it look so much better! I added it for faux stitching and for white crests on the waves! Also gave Octy from Whale of a Tale by Our Craft Lounge some black sparkly suction cups on his legs.

SplashBirthdaysparklesajhcopy

My second card… I had been working on a card since yesterday as I wanted to try the Dimensional Flower tutorial that Beate put up this week on SCS. I spent all day yesterday on that darn flower but have to say I love how it all turned out. Now really, the flower isn’t that hard, just I used a 9 point flower not a 6 point. I think it is easier with an even number. So of course I had to make a practice one and then finally the real one yesterday plus everything else that goes on during the day. closeupRoseajh copy But taking my time allowed me to be able to use the Free for All on the card! I also stuck a (corsage) pin on it for the Ways To Use It from yesterday which was pins of any kind. 

I added gold and clear Spica pen to the rose (note: it would probably be easier to do this BEFORE assembling the flower! Ask me how I know this! lol) and attached it to the card using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. Image (Vintage Roses by Our Craft Lounge) is colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits.  Garnet Spica pen was used on the flower on the hat and clear Spica pen was used on the flower she is holding. White gel pen was used to make dots on the spellbinder scallop circle. Design paper is Scribble Scrabble.  Card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.

savorRosesFlowerajhcopy


Ps. Don’t forget to see what the sketch is over at The Lounge!! I have yet to play but hope to find some time this weekend.

        Thanks for stopping by!

                   Amber

1 comments:

Joy said...

Amber, these creations are wonderful. Great job on the flower. I'm so addicted to them!