Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Embossed Vellum for Mother’s Day

For the Try New Technique 271 yesterday, it was to emboss vellum. I had an order for Mother’s Day cards that I thought it would work perfectly for.

I used one of my favorite vintage sets, Vintage Roses, by Our Craft Lounge. I colored the lady with copics and cut her out. Using Helmar clear ZapDots, I gave her a little dimension on the vellum.

For the vellum, I embossed it with script that is under the lady and with swiss dots on the background piece. Now the fun part.. adhering vellum so you can’t see any adhesive. That’s where Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive comes into play. I sprayed it onto the vellum, let it sit for a few minutes to allow to go tacky and just pressed it onto the design paper! WaLa… no adhesive showing through! Helmar Premium Craft Glue was used to attach the primas to the card.


Supplies: Vintage Roses, vellum, green, purple, cottage wall design paper, copics, primas, brads, helmar zapdots, helmar v2 vellum adhesive, helmar premium craft glue, ribbon, cuttlebug

          Thanks for stopping by!



Shirley said...

Beautiful card! Love the colouring.


marcibun said...

Amber WOW! What a beautiful card :)