Saturday, April 17, 2010

Helmar + Secret Keeper Card = Total Cuteness

GGgiftcopy
I posted this a few days ago on the Helmar blog and now want to share it here on my blog.

Every spring my dad heads to Mississippi to till up his (90+yr old)mother’s garden and to do some yard work besides visit a little. I thought it would be nice to send along a picture of my kids from Easter as she hasn’t seen them for 3+ yrs.

In looking at the  Urban Swank goodies I have to play with, I found this Secret Keeper Card. GGgiftundonecopy  Ignore the ribbon for now, this is the back of the keeper to show you what it looked like before it would be altered as i forgot to take a picture of it!

Using Urban Lily paper by Urban Swank, I covered the front of the Keeper using Helmar Premium Craft Glue. To get my measurements just right, I simply traced the section I was covering on the back of the paper and cut it out. After it was glued on, I sanded all the edges to get the paper to blend in with the keeper.

I searched the net for a saying that worked and using Photoshop, did a little Word Art (thanks to my classes at Jessica Sprague’s!). I was even able to make the background close to the pink in the paper and printed it out on plain cardstock. Rounded the corners so that it would match when I attached it with Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runnerto the black "business size" card from Urban Swank.  Added some pink ribbon between the layers that was from Creative Impressions. I wanted a little dimension to the word art so I used the white Helmar ZapDots. (see picture below) GGgiftzapdotscopy

As you can see I added another ribbon from Creative Impressions underneath the word art layer. For a little bling, I added three rhinestones to the top layer that are also from Creative Impressions.

GGgiftcopy
For the inside I just attached the picture of my kids using Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner straight to the middle. 

GGgiftopencopy

Isn’t this the cutest thing you ever saw? I totally fall in love with it when I was done. Notice the “Easter 2010” on the picture? I got that word art freebie from Bethany at Elegant WordArt. Simple to place right on my picture and print it out. (yes, I took the picture too, Easter Sunday morning we were actually ready with time to spare for pictures! lol)

Supplies used: Helmar adhesive runner, Helmar Zapdots, Helmar Premium Craft Glue, Urban Swank Secret  Keeper Card, Urban Lily paper, Creative Impressions bling & ribbon, Photoshop for wordart

4 comments:

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I love everything that you made. Come and check out my blog.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How fun is this Amber? I love it!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL project!!