Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 1 of OCL Sneak Peek

GrowFriendajhcopy
Welcome to Day one of Blog Hop Sneak Peeks for Our Craft Lounge! They are releasing 13 wonderful sets and I am happy to be sneaking Say it with Flowers today. Please see The Lounge for pictures of the full sets and also for a list of the designers that are also sneaking peeks (which I have also posted below). Also there will be blog candy on Friday to which I have posted deets about below.

Who doesn’t love sentiments? I can’t get enough of them and this set is just loaded with them. I think I used 5 different sayings to make up the following cards.

I used Sketch Challenge 278 for my layout and design paper Abbey' Road for my squares. Add faux stitching with Copic Multiliner. Images was cut out of the box which I used a Nestie to cut. Flowers were colored with copics. I added Crafty Sparkles to the middle of the flowers with diamond glaze. Entire image is on Helmar Zapdots. Sentiment is made up of two sayings while the flowers are a sneak from another set called Fabulous Flowers. (see The Lounge for full picture of that set) 

GrowFriendajhcopy

I decided to keep this next card simple but elegant by using only black & white. I used paper from La Crème matstack and layered it onto black. I cut the sentiment twice with two different sizes of nesties and then built them up using Helmar Zapdots. I left the flowers black & white to help add to the contrast. The sentiment is actually three different sayings from the say put together as one. The flowers are also with the set.

myFriendajhcopy


All sets will be available through online retailers and brick & mortar retailers as of April 30th. 

Leave a comment on today, tomorrow & Friday’s posts up til Sunday 12 noon PST and you will be eligible for the Blog Candy I will have on Friday, (set will be announced then) You must follow the below directions:

1) you MUST be signed in to blogger or leave contact information in order to be entered;
2) you can enter on each blog once each day; and
3) you will only be eligible to win one new set. Blog candy will be drawn on each blog Sunday, May 2nd at 12 noon PST, (3pm eastern time). Winners will be notified by the designer & a full list of winners will be posted on the OCL Blog.

Now hop on over to Beth’s blog to see what she has in store for you.
Here is a list of the blog hop participants for today’s hop:

Amber Hillman   -  You are here
Beth Silaika
Cambria Turnbow
Charmaine Ikach
Chelle Fowler
Deb Felts
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec
Heather McNally
Holly McMillen
Kendra Wietstock
Kisa Peters
Pam Hooten
Terri Thill



       Thanks for stopping by!
                   
                  Amber

29 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

WONDERFUL cards, Amber! Love them both!

Stephanie said...

Oh love both your cards...
sserrano22 (at) live (dot) com.

Denise Marzec said...

These are beautiful. Love the trio of blue flowers on the first one and the elegance of the black and white on the second.

Kar said...

Love them both!!! :)

jan metcalf said...

This is fun to be introduced to new designers!

Debbie Corbari said...

SHAZAM! LOVE THESE!!! YOU ROCK AMBER!

Pam said...

LOVE your cards Amber, the colors on the first one are so pretty and I love the black & white too!

MichelleY said...

Gorgeous Cards!!! I love the friendship verses, too. There's something for any occasion!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I'm surprised, but I really liked both of these very different cards.

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

These are awesome. I saw the fist one on Splitcoast today and I just noticed the faux stitching on it, which i love. The black and white one is so classy and elegant. Thanks for visiting my blog also I appreciate your comment.

Cindy (Cindy501)

Broni said...

I just love these, Amber! Beautiful!!

Memories of Time said...

AWESOME! Love them both!!

Gale said...

the color card is pretty but that black and white one is spectacular.

Pearly-Q said...

beautiful cards!

Holly aka Toy said...

Awesome job, Amber! These are both wonderful cards!

Starla said...

I'm liking sentiments as my main focal point more and more...great job showing two different looks

Krissy said...

What a great quote! I recently became reacquainted with my best friend from high school. We were able to pick up right where we left off - this sentiment would be perfect for a card for her!

Deborah Anton said...

LOVE the cards!! You showed this set off nicely Amber!!

Kimme said...

Love the flowers and all the sentiments. Great job!

Kendra said...

this is gorgeous Amber!

Rhonda Z said...

Thanks for the Sneak Peak! It's adorable.

Scrapycandy said...

These sentiments are great! and congrats on being copic certified! Thanks for thinking of us.

Anonymous said...

Love both cards. Renee Godsey naygg6@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Great sentiment, saying, personalization stamps are just right for so many many cards! Flexible.
mt 23 stamper at yahoo dot com

silvia said...

LOVE your friendship cards!! :)

Stacy Simpson said...

LOVE it - wonderful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are just beautiful, Amber! What wonderful work you've done with the new sets!

Sue D said...

Your cards really showcase the sentiments.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Great cards, nothing like a great friendship saying for a card.