Friday, March 26, 2010

SMC Challenge – Let’s Punch It!

frontHowdyajhcopy

It’s Friday! Time for Sew Many Cards challenge. This weeks challenge is a Tool challenge – Let’s Punch It! Have to use a punch or punches on your project. Our sponsor for this week is Wags N Whiskers

I colored the donkey with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Added white gel pen to his scarf. Cut him out completely and attached with dimensions. Tore the white and distressed it with distress inks. (made me think of a WANTED poster) Used two different cuttlebug folders on the blues. My punches are the border punch on the bottom, circle punch (actually the crop-a-dile) to make the faux brads. I decided to make an Easel card so I used the word window punch to keep my card together. Used a light brown for the word window punch and then distressed them with distress ink.
 
frontHowdyajhcopy 

For the inside I did the same as the outside but I left off the “brads” on the dark blue strip. The wording is also from Sew Many Cards. I colored it in with a copic marker. Tore the layer and distressed it with distressing inks too. 

Howdyinsideajhcopy 

This card is also submitted for:
Stamp, Scrap and Doodling Week 32 – Tearing
Sketch Saturday Week #95 - layout


           Thanks for stopping by!
                       
                       Amber

8 comments:

kim.mom said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Love how you made it look like a wanted poster! So cute!

Beate said...

Your card is super cute. Love all the texture you added.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

valen said...

Hi, What a funny card you made :)Love the background. Thank you for joining us at SSDS this week. Hope to see you next time and good luck with the draw!

Kym Weber said...

Morty is absolutely awesome looking! Fabulous coloring! Great job!

~Hugs~Kym

Anonymous said...

Amber, Your card is fantastic! You're right, it looks exactly like a wanted poster. Thanks for joining us at SDDS this week. Best of luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Kim

Fuzzy Slippers said...

How adorable! I love all the layers! Thanks for playing along at SSDS this week! :)

Amanda said...

This card is too stink'in cute!! Thanks for tearing it up with us at SSDS this week...

Amanda

Cheri said...

Love the aged look you gave the paper...something I need to learn. :)

And seeing what you and your DH did for the car to add weights gives me ideas for my DS1's car...I'll have to show this to my DH and see what he says. We seem to keep trying to figure out how to properly do a car and each year have problems. Maybe we'll finally get this figured out by the time DS2 finishes cub scouts.