Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thinking of you (and spring)

ButterflyThinkingofYou

We are on day #4 of the kids being home from school because of the snow. Am I crazy yet? No not really. (Okay, I must be crazy then! lol)

But as I sit here working on Valentine projects (that I can’t show till Friday), I thought I’d share a card I had done for Our Craft Lounge for their CHA release.  I used Nature’s Notes, a lovely butterfly and flower set with Thinking of you sentiment. I colored the butterflies with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I wanted them to sparkle some so I added some sparkle gel pen to them. They are mounted with Helmar Zapdots so to give the look of flying. Spellbinders scallop circle & Labels One, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Martha Stewart border punch were also used.

ButterflyThinkingofYou copy

Would you like to see what other set OCL released at CHA? Then hop over to their blog The Lounge to see last weeks posts of the sets w/cards from the DT.


             Thanks for stopping by,

                        Amber

2 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Amber. What a gorgeous card this is. Lovely butterfly, beautiful decorative border against the dark embossed background which is very effective. Fabulous centrepiece. Just stunning. I love it.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Denise Marzec said...

This is so beautiful, Amber! I just love these butterflies....and even more so in the shades of purple!