Friday, February 26, 2010

OCL Sketch Challenge

HappyHappyOrangeBirthdaycopy

Today is a sketch challenge over at The Lounge. I love sketches and the sketch today called out to me:

OCLDT02web-150x150 

I also did the new/old challenge on SCS. They changed the Limited Supply to a Free For All. Today’s challenge was to use one color you don’t use much, texture of some sort and optional design paper. 
 
I used Say it Big and Thankful Flourishes, both from Our Craft  Lounge. I picked Orange as my one color I don’t use often. I embossed the flower in black embossing and then watercolored it with spiced marmalade distress ink. I embossed it on watercolor paper too. HappyHappyOrangeBirthdaycopy I used Helmar Gemstone Glue to add seed beads to the middle of the flower for my texture. Stamped “HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY BIRTHDAY” from Say it Big on the white cardstock in the spiced marmalade distress ink.   You can see what a difference there is in using the same ink to stamp with and watercolor with. HappyHappyOrangeBirthdaycopy
I then used a green ink to stamp some leaves directly onto the paper. Attached the flower using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give it a little dimension. 

See that design paper? It’s actually Trick or Treat design paper from eclectic paperie! Yes, I used Halloween paper on this card.

HappyHappyOrangeBirthdaycopy

At first I wasn’t too sure how this was going to turn out using a color I don’t really care for but I’m loving the card!  So if you like the sketch,  head over to The Lounge to read how you can enter and win! I hope to see your name there on Mr.Linky!

 

         Thanks for stopping by,

                     Amber

9 comments:

Memories of Time said...

Love it Amber! Bright and Cheerful! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

BEAUTIOUS, Amber! LOVE the colors - LOVE!!!

Vicki G said...

Amber, this is absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Amber, this is just BEAUTIFUL!

Bea said...

Great cards - great use of strong colours

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, I wouldn't have guessed that was Halloween paper. Looks totally warm and summery! Beautifully done, Amber!

Pam said...

So pretty Amber, love the happy colors and your flower!

Deb said...

So gorgeous, Amber! That color, AND your coloring, are absolutely amazing! Oh, I need some sunshine and that is what this feels like! :)

Kisa Peters said...

This is great! I LOVE the colors!!