Friday, January 8, 2010

Sew Many Cards Blog Hop with candy!

BearLoveajh 
Welcome to my first blog hop as a design team member with Sew Many Cards. Each one of us on the team is showcasing a project using one of Angela’s new images!! SEW MANY CARDS is starting off our blog hop so if you didn’t come from there first… feel free to go back there, I will wait for you.

Here is my card using Angela’s image “Bears in Love”. I printed the image 3 times, colored them all the same using copics and cut them all out but one image. I made a faux layer on the “main” image using a black marker and a ruler. Then I layered the other two cutouts on top using
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. Before I layered the final heart on, I painted some Angel Wings Shimmerz on it. I also sponged on some pink ink in the corners of the white cardstock just to give it some more depth.

BearLoveCloseup

I used some misc Valentine design paper for the background. Added a ribbon which i threaded through a flower ‘ribbon’ brad and then layered the whole thing onto brown cardstock.

BearLoveajh 
So how would you like to win this digital image? All you have to do is leave me a comment and when this blog hop is over (Jan.11), I’ll pick a lucky person to receive this digital image!

Now not only do I have a chance for you to win a digital image from Sew Many Cards but also a grand prize package of $10.00 gift certificate to Doodle Beans Stamps & $15.00 Amazon.com Gift Certificate!! 
Doodle Bean Stamps is our sponsor for this grand prize package. Doodle Beans Digital Stamps Logo   So how do you go about getting entered for it? Easy, just visit EVERY design team blog and leave a comment on EVERY design team blog.

Well I hope you enjoyed my creation. Now hop on over to Audrey E to see what she has in store for you using another one of Angela’s adorable images.

52 comments:

Tammy Miller said...

what a great card!!!

kim.mom said...

Absolutely LOVE your project!!! Love your style!!!

Unknown said...

Cute valentine!

Helen Dooley said...

These little guys are adorable. Cute card.

~Jeri~ said...

I love this card Amber! The coloring on your bears is awesome! Love everything about it! Great job!

MaryB said...

Sew darn cute! I really liked your layout and the paper you used is fantastic.

DesertBuni said...

So Adorable! I love the color combo of your card and the bow, it is just perfect!

Sandy O said...

Oh My Gosh, adorable, love the layering

Maria said...

Love the dimension of the bears! Fabulous coloring! Great job.

Unknown said...

Awe, very cute. I love the layers and your gray nears are sew cute!

Angela
Sew Many Cards

Anonymous said...

Love the layering, great card!

Gael said...

Wow, there are a lot of neat things on this card! Love the layers and the coloring, esp around the eyes

Jan Holmes said...

What an adorable card!!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Amber. How adorable is that, such a cute image and lovely papers too.
Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xx

crafterGM said...

What a cute card. Love the coloring. Gloria M.

Sharon said...

What cute bears, nice valentine.

Mary Ski said...

Amber you will be quite an asset to the team. This card is awesome!! Thanks for the detailed info on your techniques. Terrific use of a terrific digi.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, your card is soo sweet. I love it.

craftieodmae said...

What a supper cute image! Love the dp used used.

Anonymous said...

I love the layers! Great card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the layering!!!

Tink said...

I Love your card!

Merry said...

So cute and perfect paper you have used.

Cheri said...

I love what you did with the card and all those layers. Lots of work cutting it all.

Anonymous said...

wow! you did an incredible job!

what an amazing card! great job Amber! glad to have you on the SMC team!

xoxo
sarabeth

~D~ said...

love the 3 d and the designer papers on this, it is so stinkin cute

KymKreates said...

Sooooooooooooo cute love the layering you did and the spongeing added just the right touch!
Kym B

Tammy said...

You do such lovely work. I will def become a follower o fyour blog.

Anita said...

Very Sweet card. From what I see on your blog, you have been blessed with many talents. Thanks for sharing them :)

Patricia St Martin said...

your card is really cute.

michele hileman said...

Just love the card You did a great job.

Jessy said...

Wow, fabulous card and you colored the image so well. It looks amazing!! :-)

Michele Lourenco said...

love all that layering.. i would not have the patience to do that!

Denise said...

Love your card

Mary said...

What a beautiful valentine Amber! And such a cute image!

hugs
Mary

Melissa Wright said...

Gorgeous!!! Love your 3D bears!!

Deanette said...

Nice work Amber & welcome to the SMC DT!

Georgia said...

The card is so cute love the image.

Unknown said...

This is soooo beautiful, love the 3D effect.

Patricia Garcia said...

Awesome card, love the cute bears and the pretty papers!

Hugs,
Patricia

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

UHH!!! WHAT A CUTE CARD. I REALLY LIKE THE DEMENSION OF IT.The coloring is nice.SO CUTE!off to Audrey's :)

dmgifts said...

Love the raised look this is so stinking cute

Tanya said...

Great card I love it!!

Lawren said...

What a great card.

April said...

AWWW... love this image! They look "in love."

Dragonlady said...

Hi Amber,

Beautiful card with a super image.

Hugs Ali x

Sandra said...

This card is adorable. The 3D effect is great.

Sandra said...

Wonderful card. I love the way you made the bears in 3D.

Pamela said...

Very cute! I love the 3D look on your card.

jaccileigh said...

Great card! Love the image and the layering. LOVE IT!

Kathleen said...

Adorable bears! Cute card plus like the way you did the three bears interesting look.

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwww, aren't they CUUUUTE! Love the dimension you gave them.