Sunday, November 1, 2009

Card for a Cause

DSCF6313
Today’s featured stamper is Miss Boo aka Jen. I got to met Jen way back in ‘07 at a stamping retreat so I had to do the challenge. I picked this card of Jen’s to case. I changed the image to another Thomas Kinkade image, changed colors and used a stamp for my sentiment.

CelebrateTKAjh

This card will be going into the basket that mom and I are donating to the silent auction for Paula Lowry. A big thank you to those who have donated so far. To date we have over 70 cards for the basket with more coming in! Details are below if you would like to donate.

(on Sept 23 about 6pm just a few miles from our house, Paula had walked down her driveway to get her mail (on her side of the road)...a pickup pulling a flat trailer (narrow country roads)was coming up the road, the trailer somehow came off the truck, struck Paula head on and stopped in the neighbor’s yard about 100 ft away!!
Paula’s right leg, her tibia and fibula were broken and everything from her knee down was torn away. She also sustained fractures in her back which required screws to be inserted (c4-c7) and (t1-t5). She also had a brain injury at her brain stem.
She has been through quite a bit of surgeries since then and is now breathing on her own during the day. (To read more about her day to day progress, please see
My Story) She has 2 young teens and runs the only florist shop in our town. The community is putting on a dinner and silent auction with the money all going to the family to help with doctor bills.)

If you have any cards/small altered items that you’d like to donate for the basket, we’d sure appreciate it! And of course the recipient will end up with the best ever basket!! (please include envelopes with your card) Email me at hillmanfam@woh.rr.com with Cards for Paula in the subject line and I will email you my address as I don’t wish to post it on here. We would like to have all the items by Dec.1st.

supplies: TK-It Doesn’t Get Much Better (CHF) & sentiment from MFT Let’s Go for a Walk, black ink, copics/prismacolor markers, brown, green, white cardstock, ribbon, hodgepodge

0 comments: