Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another blog hop and Guest Designer News!

topboxajhcopy
Hi blog hoppers!  Well if you haven’t figured it out by now (or seen my badge on the side), I am a Guest Designer this month for Creative Cuts & More!

Weren't Angie's projects great? (If you didn't arrive here from Angie's blog, you don't want to miss what our designers have in store for you! The CC&M Blog Hop starts at Die Cut Diva. If for some reason one of the links is broken along the way do not worry, HOP back over to Die Cut Diva where the complete list will be.

I have a couple of Fall projects to share with you today. I decided to do some scrapbooking and using CC&M’s 12x12 Color Block Page made it go so easily. I went with the DoubleMates cardstock as I like the two tone with this layout. My regular readers will remember these pictures as I just shared them not too long ago. See how easy it is to whip up a page using the color block page. I decided to use both the frame and the block pieces BUT I turned the block pieces over to get the other tone of the DoubleMate cardstock.12x12pumpkinpageajhcopy
I used JustRite Brayton Font to stamp “Circle Farms” on the large pumpkin. Helmar Premium Glue was used to attach the ribbon that I just twirled while gluing it down and then I used Helmar Liquid Scrap dots to give the trio of pumpkins some dimension. I just happen to have a package of DoubleMates cardstock so I used brown to layer the photos and yellow for the tags. I used Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive to secure everything down.

closeuppumpkinscopy

I went with fall colors for the Peek-A-View Box which I stamped acorns and leaves on in Crushed Curry. The stamps are from Our Craft Lounge - Nuts About You. ccmboxthanksgivinecopy

I stamped the acorn and leaves on white cardstock and colored them with copics. Then cutting them out, I attached them to the top and bottom corners of the ‘lids’ with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give them some dimension. I attached brown rick rack to the lid using Helmar Premium Glue. Scalloped square nestibilities were used on DoubleMates cardstock to layer on the top.topboxajhcopy

I filled the box with a Thanksgiving Blessing Mix. This is what it says:

Thanksgiving Blessing Mix

Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
Candy corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
Seeds: Promise of a a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
bottomboxajhcopy

As part of our celebration, CC&M will offer 15% off the entire store. But act quickly,  this sale will end on 11-15. Make sure you enter this code ccholidaybloghop1109 during checkout.


As a continuing part of the celebration CC&M will be giving away a FUN Christmas Card Kit! After you have finished the blog hop, return to Die Cut Diva and follow the directions.

Did you know CC&M is now on Facebook? I’m a fan, why don’t you come join me?

Now hop on over to Carla Mayfield and see what she has in store for you. And don’t forget to keep checking back the rest of the month, you never know when I’ll post more CC&M items!

closeuppumpkinscopy

13 comments:

Dawn said...

cute,cute,cute!

Holly said...

Love that box and your scrap page is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Colleen said...

So very cute

Viji Siddharth said...

Love this box!Awesome!

Whimcees said...

I love the Thanksgiving Blessing Mix idea! I have not seen this before. Thank you for sharing!

Barbara Diane

Karen said...

Love your peek-a-view box and all the Thanksgiving blessing mix!

Hugs,
Karen

Sandi said...

Really BEAUTIFUL Amber!!!!

silvia said...

Congrats on GDT!!! LOVE the Thanksgiving blessing treat box

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Cute! Love that scrapbook page - and your box! ADORABLE!

Jeri said...

Oh, I love that Thanksgiving blessing mix in the acetate box. That is an incredible idea that I just might have to use myself.

Steph Zerbe said...

Super cute projects. Great box idea with the mix!! Welcome to CC&M!

Anonymous said...

Great peek-a-boo BOX and the Thanksgiving sentiments go perfect with this project.
joanne b

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I love your candy box. Include me in the hop.