Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You NAILED It!

I had some images laying around on my table that I had stamped a while back but never got around to make a card. Today’s sketch on SCS was a perfect time to use them.

I pulled out a piece of design paper by Karen Foster that has boards and nailed wood to use as a background to the Nailed It set by Our Craft Lounge.  The small rectangle pieces use a image stamped over and over and then distressed with distress ink and the distresser tool.

I stamped the jar of nails and then covered it with crystal effects. The crystal effects made the nails “rust” but I liked look. The lid was colored with Prismacolor marker. Once again I distressed the middle panel with distress inks and the distresser tool. I also distressed the brads with a hammer after attaching them to the cardstock.

I used Helmar Premium Craft Glue to hold all my cardstock pieces down. It did not buckle the paper at all like some glue does. For the middle piece I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots and also on used them to attach the jar.

youNAILEDitajhcopy
Close up of the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots under the jar of nails.
DSCF1948
stamp: Nailed It! – Our Craft Lounge
paper: chocolate chip, white, Karen Foster design paper
ink: distressed ink
accs: crystal effects,
Helmar Liquid scrap dots, Helmar premium Craft glue, brads, distresser tool, sponge

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Just awesome! Love the details! You really nailed it! Blessings to you!