Thursday, April 23, 2009

Start of Mother's Day cards

Today's Ways to Use it 215 "find ways to use all white cardstock. That's right. Nothing else! Well, of course you can add embellishments and such but if you alter some white embellishments, you get brownie points."

I decided to start on some Mother Day cards so I pulled out My Mom by Treehouse Stamps. I stamped the image in black stazon and watercolored it with regal rose and real red for highlights. Popped up just the flower after I had added some Shimmerz to it. (hard to see in the photo but flower is shimmery) Sponged the edges with pretty in pink, regal rose, real red and a little going gray. Pierced the edges and layered it onto a nestablitie that was also sponged.

On the top part of the card, I stamped the image in versamark and embossed in clear embossing powder. Added ribbon underneath the image layer. Inked up the cuttlebug swiss dot folder with real red ink. (sponged it on as I didn't want a strong red) so that my white cardstock would have some color to it. Used the scallop edge punch on the cuttlebug piece and the Martha Stewart Doily border punch on the card base and on the inside too.

stamp: My Mom by Treehouse Stamps; paper: white; ink: versamark, black stazon, real red, regal rose, pretty in pink, going gray, old olive; accs: aquapainter, nestabilities, scallop edge punch, ribbon, martha stewart doily border punch, cuttlebug, dimensions, clear embossing powder, shimmerz

That is one "Mother's Day" card done. And how many more left, I don't know as I'm making them for my friends this year.

1 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Really lovely card, Amber! Love those beautifully colored roses, girl!