Sunday, April 19, 2009

Robots and Mudd Puddles??

Seems like forever since i've stamped. Have had sick kids all week long. So far I haven't gotten it but am waiting for it. I did end up with shin splints though but that's another story.

I decided to do the Featured Stamper today. Click here to see the card I cased. I changed the colors, images. Cuttlebugged the background instead of stamping it and left off the photo corner.

I attended a Scrapbook Expo a few weeks ago and found this fun texture that I just had to get ... Mudd Puddles! I added it 'under' the Botz boy and his snail to make it look like they were on the beach. (as that is what the Mudd Puddles is. I used one called Diamond Bay that is discontinued.) Really easy to use, just spread it on and let it dry. Takes about an hour to dry to the touch (but i have used my heat gun on it to spead it up and haven't had a problem).

The Botz Family can be found at Our Craft Lounge. I used Prismacolor markers to color the images and add shimmerz to the little boy but it's hard to see.

stamps: The Botz Family - Our Craft Lounge; paper: white, wild wasibi, blue bayou, basic gray; ink: black; accs: ribbon, prismacolor markers, nestabilities, Mudd Puddles, Shimmerz

Thought I'd pass this along to you too:

Mudd Puddles Website Grand Opening Special
: From now until May 3, buy 5 items get 3 free.

4 comments:

Jaymerz said...

Amber this is adorable!! I hope you sick kiddos get better soon, that is no fun!!

scubasubie said...

OMG That robot is just DARLING!!! I have a thing for robots and that card is great!!!! i also like the stripe of polka-dot ribbon!! Great Job

Starla said...

Thanks for the link on the Mudd puddles!! Cute robot, btw!

Sumtoy said...

very cute, I love how this turned out