Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Funky Flower Magnet - MFT Blog Hop

Welcome to another MFT blog hop. If you have arrived here on your own and not from Paula's blog but would like to start at the beginning of the hop, head over to Kim's blog.


I have for your viewing pleasure a sample using MFT Presents - Funky Flowers by a new illustrator, Sara Williams.

I covered a chipboard with inspire design paper. I then stamped and masked the flower over top of the vase adding some steams after all the flowers had been stamped. The flowers were colored with Prismacolor markers. I then stamped the flowers again, colored them the same way and cut them out completely. I then mounted them on top of the flowers using Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots. Before mounting them, I went back in on the original image and using an xacto knife, cut around the steams.

For the vase, I stamped it onto close to cocoa and then covered it with Helmar's Crackle Medium. Sponging on some distress Vintage ink after the crackle had set. The vase was attached with glue dots. The entire image though is attached to the chipboard with dimensionals. A magnet was added to the back of the chipboard. (yes, it is hanging on my fridge in the picture.)

stamp: Funky Flowers; ink: black; paper: white, close to cocoa, inspire design paper; accs: prisamcolor markers, helmar crackle medium, helmar liquid scrap dots, helmar acid free glue, chipboard, magnet, xacto knife

I am sending this to my grandma for her birthday, she'll be 90 something. Hence the reason I kept it kinda simple.

This new illustrator, Sara Williams, is the sister of Susan who happens to be the next blog you are hopping to! Have fun!

23 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...

wonderful!

StampOwl said...

love it

Sara said...

WOWZERS Amber!!! This is beautiful!!! I know that cutting was a labor of love...you are truly A woman after my own heart!!! I LOVE YOUR DESIGN and I hope you are able to make many projects using the new sets!!!!!!

Kelli Hull said...

This is really cool, and if I understand it correctly...you stamped and masked the flowers on the BASE of the paper (on DP) colored them then stamped then again colored and cut them out then mounted them on top of the already stamped flowers...is this correct? What is Helmer's? Does M's or Jo's carry it? What about Wal Fart??? Hmmmm, new product....

Kerry Johnson said...

So pretty Amber. I'm sure your grandmother will love it!

Rebecca said...

oh wow!!! This is just too cute for words!!!

StampinCathy said...

Wow this is just amaZING! Your grandmother will really feel special receiving this beautiful card.

Swamp Tulip said...

Great project - I'm sure your grandmother will love it. I know I do :)

Teresa

JenMarie said...

Ooo...gorgeous!!

Karen said...

What a great project! Very pretty!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous project! I am sure your Grandma will love it!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! I love the crackle of the vase!

Stampin Cats said...

Magnet?!? I love magnets.

JessicaK said...

Awesome! Grandma is going to love it.

Susan said...

What a cool idea.

Christina Fischer said...

What a great idea, Amber! So cute! :)

Candice said...

Just beautiful, Amber!! That cracked effect on the vase is AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

great project Amber...love the flowers!

Amy Sheffer said...

Wonderful project, Amber! Love the grouping of flowers - such a punch! And the crackle is a great touch!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Great idea, Amber!!! Grandma's gonna love it!

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a gorgeous bouquet, Amber! Your Grandma will LOVE it! God Bless!

Angella

Jeannie said...

Very nice! TFS! Jeanne

Jody Morrow said...

Very pretty!